Fr Feeney lives on

During my talk, I made passing reference to the teaching of Fr Feeney who is alleged to have taught that nobody can be saved who is outside the visible membership of the Catholic Church.

For the record, I should state that although Fr Feeney was excommunicated for disobedience to the Holy Office, he was reconciled by Pope Paul VI and his followers, the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, are in good standing with the Church.

Over a single malt later on, the students confided to me a most disturbing secret. Fr Feeney lives on at St Andrews. He was in fact present at my talk, in mufti, possibly disapproving of my understanding of the Church:

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

SPUC Clergy information day

When people walk away with Holy Communion

Saint Gabriel

Plenary indulgences not impossible