Heraldry for priests

Fr Guy Selvester, the Catholic blogosphere's expert on heraldry, has a post defending the idea of A Coat of Arms for Priests. He quotes the support of the late Archbishop Bruno Heim, an unassailable authority on such matters. I rather like the idea of putting the ecclesiastical hat on the top. Have a look at his post for various examples such as this one:

Since Fr Selvester has dealt with the predictable objection that a priest having a coat of arms is "pretentious", I wonder if it would be a good idea for me to have a coat of arms. What do you think? (It might look nice on the blog.) I did learn a little bit about heraldry from a priest who taught history in the second year at the Fisher school in the days before teachers were slaves of the National Curriculum, but that was a long time ago. I know that this is a sensitive subject and would not want to commit any heraldic solecisms so I would need someone to design something suitable...

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion